Thursday, March 17, 2011

Humble Vanity

I wrote a book once.

"The Underwater Airplane" by Wesley Cox

I was probably 6-8 years old. I folded some Big Chief tablet paper in half and stapled a sheet of red construction paper on the front as a cover. I drew a few outlines of my toy airplane on the sheets.

Synopsis: An airplane flies under water, decides to stay for a while, comes back to the surface, and then blows up. The End.

My mom kept it. My masterpiece.


I made C's in all of my high school and college English classes. Apparently, I never could grasp the subject. I can't remember what the problem was. Maybe it was my handwriting. I hated the process of writing.

I didn't care. I was never going to be a writer. I'm too scatter-brained for it.


I set out writing my blog to serve as a reminder to myself. Travel journal per se.

Since it's inception, the encouragement has poured in. I can't believe some of the responses I've gotten.

Without further adieu:

To all that have shown kindness, given compliments, and provided constructive criticism....Thank You!


I'm going to try to find my "voice" in writing. I'll update as much as I can.

I hope you all will join me for the ride!

Cheers to you all!

Wes

1 comment: